Het Lesnaya Skazka (Oi Qaragai) Skiing Area
In a nutshell
- The skiing area is located between 1550 and 1820 meters above sea level.
- 13 kilometers of slopes, of which eight kilometers are blue (easy), four kilometers are red (advanced) and one kilometer is black (expert).
- Five ski lifts.
- Is known as a family area, with many facilities.
- The season is from November to April.
- The area is on the UNESCO world list
More information about Lesnaya Skazka
Travelers who love the outdoors will certainly appreciate the Lesnaya Skazka Skiing Area. The clean air, the mild climate and the many sunny days ensure a pleasant stay. After a long day of skiing you can relax in the Oi-Qaragai Lesnaya Skazka Mountain Resort, which is only 400 meters from the slopes. Delicious traditional Georgian and European dishes are served here, with enough dishes to choose from!
It is also possible to combine skiing and snowboarding with a lovely walk in the area. In the Ile-Alatau National Park you will find alpinefields, forests, lakes and glaciers. More than 300 bird and animal species have been recorded here, including the Central Asian lynx, the Central Asian stone marten, the Siberian ibex, vultures and the golden eagle. If you are very lucky, you might spot a Tian Shan brown bear or maybe a paw print in the snow. That would be nice too.
Even snow leopards live in Lesnaya Skazka. However, these legendary animals don’t just show themselves Neither to locals and even less to tourists. However, they are there. And all of this just less than 40 kilometers away from the metropolis Almaty.